Thursday, September 03, 2020

#sitdownandwrite #noediting

I woke up this morning to NPR news. Not something I've done in a long long time, but school is starting, and the alarm has been reset to 6:00 AM. Trying times. Trying times. It's a sort of "time" that I know I'm not alone when I say I am hearing and reading unbelievable things. People are bringing semi-automatic weapons to protests is becoming the norm. And the pictures of people standing around taking selfies of themselves on the sidelines with their weapons. Weapons used in wartime. Let me be clear. A peaceful protest is just that... with no weapons.  It scares me. It saddens me. It breaks my heart that people are dying.  Where are the community leaders that are supposed to bring these people together? Why should a young woman and mother, who is exercising her right to free speech by talking about her experience be threatened and menaced? I am trying to keep my heart fire bright and I have to believe, I simply have to believe that there are more of us, us meaning people who want to live in harmony, who believe in community and the social contract that we help each other, who don't believe that guns are a solution to anything, who believe that all people living in this country of ours deserve to be treated equally, without fear or hatred. Yes, we can talk about the lack of leadership. That is clear to me. 

Here's something funny.  A friend suggested I look up Mindful Meetings, a sort of dating app that connects people are meditate, into yoga, nature, etc. One of the men I was paired with had a "No Liberals" on his profile. 

I thought that this dark energy would burn out, but I seems to be blowing up bigger and brighter. I know I need to stay the course, to be the best person I can be, to encourage people to vote their conscious. Look to what their heart is telling the. Do we want to be a divided nation? Can we go forward with some more love in our hearts, some compassion, some willingness to listen? I hope so.

No comments:

Shameless Crushes...

find life experiences and swallow them whole.
travel.
meet many people.
go down some dead ends and explore dark alleys.
try everything.
exhaust yourself in the glorious pursuit of life.
-lawrence k. fish

Yoga For Peace

read much and often

Cleopatra: A Life
Travels with Charley: In Search of America
Never Let Me Go
The Angel's game
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Bel-Ami
Dreaming in French: A Novel
The Post-Birthday World
A Passage to India
The Time Traveler's wife
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Catcher in the Rye
One Hundred Years of Solitude
The Kite Runner
Eat, Pray, Love
Slaughterhouse-Five
Les Misérables
The Lovely Bones
1984
Memoirs of a Geisha


read much and often»